[parted-devel] Feature request

Cristian Klein cristian at kleinlabs.eu
Sat May 1 06:57:39 BST 2021

Hi Tom,

What would be the advantage of such a feature in parted, as opposed to `dd
if=/dev/sda of=backup.bin bs=512 count=34`?

IMHO, whatever the format of the file of this hypothetical feature is, you
want it to be compatible across tools and time. Hence, I would expect the
final effect to be no different than what the above dd command does.

My 2 cents,
Cristian