[parted-devel] Preparing for 3.5 release

Colin Watson cjwatson at debian.org
Tue Mar 29 13:46:26 BST 2022

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 04:44:24PM -0700, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> I'm working on getting an Alpha built this week. I've gone through all
> the release steps and made some small changes (see the patchset that
> should show up soon). The one I'm most worried about is the configure.ac
> change from 2.64 to 2.71, does anyone think this will be a problem for
> any of the distributions?

That'll be fine for Debian and Ubuntu, since all our development
releases have 2.71.  We won't be able to backport the new version to
stable releases since those have 2.69, but we don't normally do that
with new parted versions anyway.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson at debian.org]