[Parted-maintainers] CHS fix not applied?

Colin Watson cjwatson@debian.org
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:44:12 +0100

+parted (1.6.11-1) experimental; urgency=low
+
+  * New upstream release. (Closes: #254502)
+    - should fix 2.6 kernel BIOS CHS geometry problems. Broke binary
+      compatibility though, thus the soname change.
+  * Substituted some inaccurate terms in the doc (Fabio Tranchitella).
+    (Closes: #211746)
+  * Update s390 patch (Bastian Blank).
+  * Always regenerate autoconf/automake files (Bastian Blank).
+  * New updated hfs-resize patch (Guillaume Knispel)
+  * Added backported CHS BIOS geometry fix.
+    - libparted/disk_dos.c (read_table, process_bad_chs): now probes
+      Microsoft file systems for BIOS CHS geometry. This idea was
+      suggested by Steffen Winterfeldt <snwint@suse.de>.
+
+  * Thanks to Fabio Tranchitella, Bastian Blank, Guillaume Knispel and
+    Peter Samuelson who made this release possible.
+
+ -- Sven Luther <luther@debian.org>  Thu,  2 Sep 2004 09:41:29 +0200

However, chs is not listed in debian/patches/00list, so the backported
fix mentioned above isn't applied. Also, the way the changelog is
written suggests that the 1.6.11 upstream release had something to do
with fixing the CHS problems, but I don't see what it could be from the
diff; would you be kind enough to enlighten me?

Thanks,