[Parted-maintainers] parted experimental still fails to build on raptor for s390

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Sat Apr 12 13:38:39 BST 2008

I've just tried to build -2 from experimental on raptor.d.o (sid dchroot),
but it still fails:

$ debuild -B
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dpatch  deapply-all
baseline-symbols-update not applied to ./ .
sparc-fix-raid not applied to ./ .
devfs not applied to ./ .
reiserfs-libname not applied to ./ .
doc-package not applied to ./ .
rm -rf patch-stamp patch-stampT debian/patched
cp debian/libparted.files debian/libparted1.8-8.files
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -rf build-deb build-udeb build-dbg
rm -f autotools-update-stamp
rm -rf "debian/libparted1.8-8.files"
dh_clean
 debian/rules build
test -d debian/patched || install -d debian/patched
dpatch  apply-all
applying patch doc-package to ./ ... ok.
applying patch reiserfs-libname to ./ ... ok.
applying patch devfs to ./ ... ok.
applying patch sparc-fix-raid to ./ ... ok.
applying patch baseline-symbols-update to ./ ... ok.
dpatch  cat-all  >>patch-stampT
mv -f patch-stampT patch-stamp
autoreconf
configure.ac:47: require Automake 1.10, but have 1.8.5
autoreconf2.50: automake failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [autotools-update-stamp] Error 1
debuild: fatal error at line 1264:
debian/rules build failed

I'm willing to test the new parted for s/390, but it would be nice if you
could make a version available that is buildable.

raptor has the following automake versions installed:
$ dpkg -l autom* | grep ^ii
ii  automake      1:1.10.1-3
ii  automake1.4   1:1.4-p6-13
ii  automake1.7   1.7.9-9
ii  automake1.8   1.8.5+nogfdl-2
ii  automake1.9   1.9.6+nogfdl-3

As you can see 1.10 is installed, but somehow parted is still taking 1.8.5.

Cheers,
FJP