[Parted-maintainers] parted unblock, and upcoming transition

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Thu Mar 25 10:49:40 GMT 2010

Colin,

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:38:07PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 03:55:41PM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 06:15:58PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > > The API version (libparted-2.1-dev, etc.) was used before upstream
> > > started setting a proper SONAME.  Now that they do (that's new in parted
> > > 2.2), I think it's appropriate to name the package after it; I'm
> > > confident in their ability to manage it properly from here on in.
> > then please go ahead with the parted transition.
> OK, thanks.  I'm starting it now.

so parted FTBFSes on kfreebsd due to configure not knowing about it
(#575007).  Is there progress on this?  (As it will block testing
migration due to kfreebsd issues being RC if the package has built
successfully before.)

So it seems gparted, partconf, libvirt, partitionmanager, partman-base
and qtparted have been fixed.  udisks and fatresize need binNMUs
(I will schedule them shortly).  devicekit-disks will be removed IIRC.
That still leaves gnu-fdisk (parted team maintained) and partitioner
(mips only, d-boot maintained).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager
  `-    finger pkern/key at db.debian.org