5.14 coming soon

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Fri May 20 10:15:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 08:27:38AM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> I was actually planning to upload this last night, but ran out of
> time and noticed that some tweaks to the deprecation warnings were
> needed (see git). However I plan to upload the first 5.14.0 package
> to experimental this evening. If for some reason anyone thinks this
> would be a bad thing, let me know.

That means we lose the ability to test autobuilding 5.12.4 in experimental
first.  While unfortunate, I think we can live with that, so green light
from me.

> Note that the main reason for pushing ahead at this stage is to start
> doing some testing with a view to reporting any major issues upstream
> for 5.14.1, due out in June.

Yes, that seems useful.

Wish I had the time to work on autobuilt PPA-like repositories for Debian
(as discussed recently on the debian-devel list.) Something like that
would be really good for Perl transitions.
--
Niko