5.16 packaging underway

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Tue May 15 09:13:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:01:14PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> kfreebsd-amd64: the following fail:
>
> Failed 2 tests out of 2276, 99.91% okay.
>         ../dist/threads-shared/t/waithires.t
>         op/getpid.t

> The latter is related to a change made in February as a result of
> https://rt.perl.org/rt3//Ticket/Display.html?id=96270 filed by Niko.
> Even though
>
> LinuxThreads is reported to be in use, the LinuxThreads specific test
> fails:

> op/getpid.t .. 1/3 # We're running under gnukfreebsd with linuxthreads <linuxthreads-0.10>
> # Failed test 2 - getpid() in a thread is different from the parent on this non-POSIX system at op/getpid.t line 40
> # it should not be "67271"
> # but it is.

Heh. Quoting http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2012/02/msg00099.html :
   The version of LinuxThreads used on GNU/kFreeBSD has been patched to
   use kFreeBSD (kernel of FreeBSD) thread primitives, and thus future
   releases of Debian GNU/kFreeBSD will no longer be affected by this
   problem.

I assume the behaviour on sid is now 'unexpectedly' POSIX-compliant
(threads don't have their own pids), as the test is now checking just
for $^O =~ /gnukfreebsd/ and qx[getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION 2>&1])
=~ /linuxthreads/.

If this is the case, the tests should be amended once more. Unfortunately
I don't really have the time to drive that.
--
Niko