[Piuparts-devel] piuparts team development / documentation upload for etch

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.iki.fi
Wed Feb 28 08:15:07 CET 2007

On ti, 2007-02-27 at 17:16 -0700, John Wright wrote:
> I've committed this change (and fixed my email address) in svn.  I'd
> like to upload this soon so we have a chance of getting it into etch.
> If nobody objects by tomorrow, I'll prepare an upload, ask my sponsor to
> upload it, and ask the release team to allow it to migrate to testing.

I admit I should have written a proper test suite for piuparts, but
since I failed to do it... as a rule (I don't remember if it's been done
already for this patch), it would be cool to test piuparts by running it
against a number of packages. If time is short, running it against a
thousand randomly selected packages would be a good start; checking that
the results don't look terribly different from before takes a bit of
time, of course. The piatti.debian.org / piuparts.cs.helsinki.fi machine
is available for that, it's reasonably fast.

--
Debian is a beast that speaks with many voices -- Richard Braakman