[Piuparts-devel] piuparts improvements status

Ana Guerrero ana at debian.org
Sun Jul 15 17:19:05 UTC 2007

Hello =)

As you might already know, i am currently working in piuparts. I should
have sent some kind of report about this before, but I'm afraid send
reports is something i'm not very good at :(

So far, i have implemented some minor features and fixed a couple of bugs.
This is detailed in the package changelog, if you have questions about any
of the changes/bugfixes ask me. I have documented the new options in the
manpage, but maybe some of the options are not very detailed.

* About my future plans.

-I want to improve the documentation. A quick howto to maintainers about
how to run piuparts and read its tests would be nice. I would like to
add this info to a future piupart's homepage [1], and keep it synced, so I'm
still thinking the best way to do this.

-Implement some of the wishlist that has been reported. I am planning to look
this next week to the cowbuilder integration. There is already a patch in the
BTS (#389223), but it does not fully integrate piuparts with cowbuilder.

So, if you have any cool idea about a feature piuparts could have, it is time
to fill a wishlist bug. As well, if you already reported a wishlist bug and
you think it should be useful get it soon implemented, freel feel to point me
to it.
But please, keep in mind that piuparts is only a tool that tests installation,
upgrade and removal of packages, it is not intended to be the universal tool
to test packages in Debian :)

-Continue improving the test felixibility to make it easier to run tests on
some specific cases.

suggestions/questions/comments? :)

Ana

[1] http://piuparts.alioth.debian.org ~ Coming soon, I mean it :)