[Piuparts-devel] piatti xen setup

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Tue Sep 25 04:56:09 UTC 2007

Hi Holger,

On 22/09/07 at 10:35 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> The first question I have been asking myself, is, if these endless piuparts
> runs are useful, Lucas can test the archive much faster on "his" cluster and
> the labor intensive part is interpreting the results anyway.
>
> Or maybe piatti should run piuparts differently, ie. testing upgrades from
> etch to lenny, instead of testing sid.

Looking at this with a bigger scale: the usual process for finding and
fixing QA bugs is:
(1) run a test over a lot of packages, to get a list of packages that
fail
(2) analyze the results, and file bugs
(3) find out what's wrong, and fix the bug

Step (1) is the easy part. So I think that the most interesting parts
are (2) and (3). That is, make it easy for every DD to run piuparts on
his package. It would be nice, for example, if a DD could create a
domU (or a vserver) without asking anyone, get root access inside the
domU/vserver, test his package, and then kill the vserver/domU.

Also, if it's possible to do this, you get (1) for free, since anyone
could use his vserver/domU to run piuparts over the whole archive.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |