[Piuparts-devel] piatti xen setup

Lars Wirzenius liw at iki.fi
Sat Sep 29 21:44:12 UTC 2007

Holger is asking a couple of questions that I don't know the answer to,
so I'm Cc'ing Mikko Rauhala, my contact at the CS department of the
University of Helsinki, who should be able to get us the answers.

As background for Mikko: we're talking about setting up the piatti
machine, known as piuparts.cs.helsinki.fi, and hosted at the CS
department, as a Xen host, so that Debian developers can set up a custom
Xen guest system for running tests on their own.

ma, 2007-09-24 kello 21:44 +0200, Holger Levsen kirjoitti:
> > So much for now, feedback welcome.
>
> For faster creation of domUs, I plan to convert the /home-Partition of piatti
> into a (smaller) lvm volume, this should be pretty straightforward, except
> that I'll need to destroy+rebuild the mirror (and backup the rest of home
> over the network), this will "only" cause some network traffic. Which I hope
> is not really a problem, as ftp.fi.debian.org is quite close^w^wjust one
> university hop away. Right?

That should be correct, yes. Mikko, what do you think? The mirror is a
few tens of gigabytes, so I assume re-mirroring it should not be a big
problem. If it is, please say so, and we'll deal with it.

> Which brings me to the next issue. Network. Lars, do you think it would be
> possible to get another IP address for piatti?

I don't know, but we could ask. Mikko, what do you think?

--
Every time I say /quit I die a little.