[Piuparts-devel] Re-doing piuparts packaging

Lars Wirzenius liw at iki.fi
Sun Feb 17 14:32:58 UTC 2008

On la, 2008-02-16 at 01:27 -0700, John Wright wrote:
> I'm in favor of using tools that make it easier to keep up with Debian
> policy.  I'm not a fan of CDBS (like Holger, I think it's a little too
> magical), but it usually seems to do "the right thing," and its
> integration with python-support or python-central is good.  Besides, if
> you're doing the work, who am I to complain?

The consensus is, then, that cdbs is magic, but no-one's going to do the
work otherwise, so I'll do a quick conversion to cdbs, to get a package
that actually follows policy, and then we can switch to debhelper later.

So unless someone objects with a patch to use debhelper, that's what's
going to happen. :)