[Piuparts-devel] Moving to DVCS

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Sun May 4 09:07:44 UTC 2008

On 04/05/08 at 11:04 +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On ti, 2008-04-29 at 19:22 +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > You could also use the collab-qa project.  It's already being used
> > for simular things.
>
> Isn't the collab-qa project mainly for packages maintained by the QA
> team?

It's mainly for small scripts + small test results (like scripts to
analyze build failures, and lists of packages failing to build, to allow
several people to work on them concurrently).

I'm not sure that using collab-qa is a good idea. collab-maint sounds
like a better idea. But since there's already a piuparts project on
alioth, we could just ask for a bzr or git repository inside the
project. No need to move elsewhere.

Anyway, I feel that discussing this now is a bit strange, since piuparts
development is nearly stopped. It seems to me that it would be better to
discuss this when piuparts development is active, so we know which
problem we are trying to solve (unless you think that piuparts
development is slow because we are not using a DVCS, but I don't think
that it's the case).
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |