[Piuparts-devel] mail moderation

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Apr 27 08:59:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Montag, 27. April 2009, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Since this list is used as the maintainer address for piuparts, it would
> be bad for bug reports to get moderated, or other queries from other
> people. So I'd be against doing that.

I don't think moderation of mails to maintainer address is bad per se. What's
bad IMO is to get a reply "your mail is being moderated". AFAIK some people
have such a set up (where this is avoided) but I fail to rememeber where to
look up how to do such a setup.

> However, we should get something tweaked. Perhaps requiring that the
> body contain the string "piuparts" would work, since this is a rather
> specialized list.

the mail you replied to failed that :-) same for many replies to bug reports..

regards,