[Piuparts-devel] Unclear failure for asclock (left over files in /var)

Guillem Jover guillem at debian.org
Sat Nov 28 21:04:30 UTC 2009

Hi!

[ CCing man-db as Colin is probably the best person to get feedback
  from on this. ]

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 10:22:40 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 25. November 2009, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > Package purging left files on system:
> >   /var/cache/man/pt      not owned
> >   /var/cache/man/pt/cat1         not owned
> [...]
> > Judging from this analyis, this looks like a false positive...
>
> I think it is too, but I'm not entirely sure, so I would appreciate a comment
> from someone more familar with "man" then I am, that's why I've added d-qa@
> to cc:
>
> So far, piuparts has been ignoring left over files with the following
> patterns:
>
>             "/var/cache/man/(.*)/index.db",
>             "/var/cache/man/index.db",
>
> (obviously, there are more :)
>
> Looking at the failed piuparts logs, I see there are more with left over files
> in /var/cache/man/.*/cat? - should piuparts just ignore /var/cache/man?
> Comments welcome.

Ignoring /var/cache/man/ seems the most reasonable course of action to
me. The man-db package is the one handling those databases, it just
seems logical to me that it should be the one in charge of removing it
when purged.

regards,
guillem