[Piuparts-devel] Understanding piuparts output for asclock-themes

Helge Kreutzmann debian at helgefjell.de
Tue Oct 6 19:01:23 UTC 2009

Hello,
I hope I reached the right list. After my latest upload I noticed that
my package seems to have some problems with piuparts. Unfortunately I
could not find an explanation in the online documentation for this
problem.

Looking at
http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/asclock-themes_2.0.12-13.log
I see that some debfoster command seems to be problematic as it would
try to
  WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
  This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
      install-info (due to util-linux)

This looks like a problem from the install info transition (from dpkg
to texinfo), which I have no idea how I could influence that.

Is there some documentation available about the (possible) errors and
what a maintainer can do to fix them? If not, what is the root cause
in my problem and what should I do?

Thanks!

Greetings

             Helge