[Piuparts-devel] mc piuparts-result failed-testing 3:4.7.0.8-1 (After purging files have been modified)

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Thu Aug 12 09:54:06 UTC 2010

Hi!

I have just uploaded a new mc package, however, the next day it failed
the piuparts tests. I think, however, that this is a false positive.

The report says:

http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/mc_3:4.7.0.8-1.log

0m16.2s ERROR: FAIL: After purging files have been modified:
  /var/log/alternatives.log	 not owned

I know this might happen, because mc registers itself as an alternative
upon installation. Upon removal it removes itself from the list of the
available options. Obviously, this may be logged.

case "$1" in
        configure|abort-upgrade)
       update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/view view /usr/bin/mcview 25 \
              --slave /usr/share/man/man1/view.1.gz view.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1/mcview.1.gz
       update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/editor editor /usr/bin/mcedit 25 \
              --slave /usr/share/man/man1/editor.1.gz editor.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1/mcedit.1.gz
       ;;
esac

case "$1" in
       remove)
              update-alternatives --remove editor /usr/bin/mcedit
              update-alternatives --remove view /usr/bin/mcview
       ;;
esac

One question that I have though, why this was not happening with the
previous versions of the package. It would be helpful to see what were
the changes in /var/log/alternatives.log to find out what's going on...

Does anybody have a clue? Please CC: me, as I am not on the list.

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev