[Piuparts-devel] speeding up archive_old_logs

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Dec 9 11:35:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-09 12:26, Holger Levsen wrote:
> this made me think: if we would only create the source packages html pages for
> the packages which have been tested in the last 24h, piuparts-report could be

sounds interesting, but I have currently no idea how to do this.

also we need to regenerate a source summary if the status of a binary
package changes which can happen without testing it, e.g. dep-wait ->
dep-failed, otherwise we show outdated info

> btw, piuparts-reports is already down to 3h runtime (from 6h previously),
> which is pretty cool, so tomorrow I plan to add the squeeze2wheezy suite!

biggest time consumer is currently detect_well_known_issues because it
runs 2x ls for each package with issues ... I have fixed this locally,
cache the ls output for the whole section and use grep on it, just
didn't prepare a proper patch, yet

I'll be offline over the weekend again