[Piuparts-devel] Piuparts state-dependency-failed-testing analysis

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sun Nov 13 16:42:05 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

On Samstag, 12. November 2011, Dave Steele wrote:
> I get no errors from texlive-base and libhttp-date-perl. Would they
> pass if retried?

how did you get no errors on them? I've just retested wheezy/fail/texlive-
base_2009-14.log and it failed as before. Testing this in sid now, but I
assume this will fail too and I'll file a bug soon :)

> It looks like the long-term
> strategy for managing dependency-failed-testing is to monitor the
> reverse dependency count in failed-testing. That would make it
> possible to catch the (future) large offenders before they transition
> to wheezy.

Yes, filing bugs is the way to go. This should be made easier to do properly
(from a piuparts POV) but still, filing bugs is the best way to make those
bugs go away. The piuparts POV will catch up, and that should be the least of
our worries.

So, long story short, please file bugs. Usertagging like in the following
would be nice too:

User: debian-qa at lists.debian.org
Usertags: piuparts piuparts.d.o