[Piuparts-devel] piuparts-analyze needs to ignore BinNMU suffix in version numbers (\+b\d+$)

Mika Pflüger debian at mikapflueger.de
Mon Nov 21 15:18:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:40:06 +0100
schrieb Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de>:

> On 2011-11-20 02:30, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/org/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/piuparts-analyze",
> > line 231, in <module> main()
> >   File "/org/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/piuparts-analyze",
> > line 226, in main mark_logs_with_reported_bugs()
> >   File "/org/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/piuparts-analyze",
> > line 161, in mark_logs_with_reported_bugs for bug_version in
> > get_bug_versions(bug): File
> > "/org/piuparts.debian.org/share/piuparts/piuparts-analyze", line
> > 130, in get_bug_versions return reversed(sorted([x.split('/', 1)[1]
> > for x in debianbts.get_status((bug,))[0].found_versions],
> > cmp=apt_pkg.version_compare)) IndexError: list index out of range
>
>     # debianbts returns it in the format package/1.2.3 which will
> become 1.2.3 return [x.split('/', 1)[1] for x in
> debianbts.get_status((bug,))[0].found_versions]
>
> Thats not entirely correct, the bts returns either 'package/1.2.3' or
> just '1.2.3'
>
>     x.rsplit('/', 1)[-1]

oh, wow. I hadn't thought that the bts returns it so inconsistently and
were actually thinking that this was a bug without version information.
Thank you for your investigation, I have already applied your change.

Holger, I think the changes to piuparts-analyze of the last days are
now tried and tested, could you merge
git pull http://git.hemio.de/git/piuparts forholger
into develop?
It contains three commits, one to remove binNMU parts from version
numbers to compare with source version numbers from the bts, one to
remove noise output from piuparts-analyze and the fix provided by
Andreas for the above error. All come with changelog entries.
The diffstat of all three combined:
 debian/changelog    |   10 ++++++++--
 piuparts-analyze.py |   27 ++++++++++++++++++++-------

Cheers,