[Piuparts-devel] piatti.git updates

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Nov 21 16:14:24 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Mittwoch, 16. November 2011, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> can you update the piatti.git repository so that the piatti branch
> becomes the default ?

I thinking about this and wonder if I should just drop the piatti branch and
just use master on piatti, plus develop for development there (which should be
moved to piuparts.git anyway!) and whatever branches people have for their
test machines.

> In
>   git://github.com/anbe42/piatti.git fixes
> is currently one patch that turns the bin/detect_well_known_errors
> hashbang to bash again. This script uses array variables and that does
> not work with dash.

Did you run all the other scripts and confirmed they work fine with dash?

> PS: what do you think about adding some metapackages, e.g.
> piuparts-slave, piuparts-master that depend on the packages needed to
> run a distributed piuparts installation?

The TODO has it as "publish FAI classes to setup piuparts.$fqdn
automatically." - IOW I think it's a great idea as it will make setup
(documentation) even easier! :-) Maybe those packages could even work out of
the box..