[Piuparts-devel] retesting failed packages more often

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Nov 21 17:25:20 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Mittwoch, 16. November 2011, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I'd suggest to retest the failed packages more often. Sometimes there
> may be external influences that cause a failure and could be fixed after
> a few days, e.g. with a new tarball.
>
> So I propose to recycle every day the 25 (or 50) oldest failed logs that

25

7

> generation tarball). (I can a create a patch fot the recycling script).
>
> I set up a local instance of piatti (starting by touching all the pass
> logs from piatti so that I don't rerun them) [...]

Cool!

Also, our discussions have convinced me, that failed packages should be tested
more often, and 100 packages per day more (4 suites times 25) should be fine
on piattis load anyway.

The only problem I see (still) see is what about little changing suites like
squeeze? I'd say there it's enough to reschedule failed packages like
successful ones, so I'd prefer some configuration switch (or such) for the
above feature.

Thanks already! :-)