[Piuparts-devel] piuparts.conf

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Nov 27 15:14:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

here are some of my thoughts about piuparts.conf.
If you have more than one section, there is a lot of redundant
information in there that is prone to errors when copy-pasting.

I suggest to move "master-command" to [global] (excluding the section
argument) and have the slave generate the final command by appending the
current section.

I suggest to split "piuparts-command", move "piuparts-command" to
[global], allowing to add global settings (e.g. tempdir) there and use
"piuparts-arguments" for the section specific arguments.

mirror, packages-url, sources-url are highly redundant. All the urls can
be generated from (mirror, distro, area="main", arch="native") without
need to parse packages-url into pieces. Is there any use for *not*
having a sources-url? Any repository that has only packages, but no
sources information?

README.txt about [global]/sections:
  The first section defined should always be sid, because the data from
  first section a package is in is used for the source package html
  report.
Is this still correct?

piuparts-slave should reload the section config every time the section
is run to allow for changes without restarting the slave. (patch
availabe and working)