[Piuparts-devel] potential-cross-conflicts.py does not detect some already known problems?

Ralf Treinen treinen at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Apr 30 12:26:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

sorry for the late replay but I am just returning after two weeks of
vacation.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 08:35:44PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> there are a list of file overwrite errors detected by piupsrts on
> upgrades, e.g. squeeze2wheezy:
> http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze2wheezy/overwrite_other_packages_files_error.html
> but I don't see them as candidates produced by potential-cross-conflicts.py
>
> At least I assume that these packages are co-installable because apt
> choses a certain upgrade path. Or do we need a different definition of
> co-installability to cover these problems?

I just looked at the last in that list (libghc6-split-doc_1:6.log): In that
case, the two offending packages are indeed found co-installable by
dose-debcheck, so this seems to be a bug in potential-file-conflicts.
I'll have a look at this as soon as possible.

Cheers -Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes