[Piuparts-devel] EDOS file overwrite check between distributions?

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 15 17:20:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:43:03AM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> You should add
>   if debreport['report'] is not None:
> before line 101.

Thanks, will do.

> This file overwrite check should probably be performed on the union of
> main, contrib and non-free - or is there already the possibility to give
> multiple -c and -r options?

Multiple -r options yes, multiple -c option no (for the moment). When you
give multiple -r options then the uniion of the repositories will be
used, as expected.

For the moment multiple -c options are not supported. Would this really
be useful? And if yes, should different contents file be associated to
different repositories? The contents file on the debian mirrors already
contains the entries for main, contrib, and non-free combined.

> There are a few package pairs failing
>   install p1
>   (reference point)
>   install p2
>   purge p2
>   (compare reference point)
> due to files missing from p1 afterwards.
>
> How should we report these bugs?
> Severity:
> User:
> Usertag:

The ones that simply fail to install should already have been reported
(I usually run my script which only checks for installation once per day,
per hand).

The bugs that I have filed have been tagged with

user=treinen at debian.org
usertag=edos-file-overwrite

but if these test cases get integrated into piuparts than it would
probably be more adequate to put a piuparts usertag. What are the
usertags that you are currently using for piuparts?

Concerning severity : If installation fails then it clearly is an RC bug,
serious seems to be the right severity in this case. I am pretty sure that
it also is RC when one package by simply installing and then deinstalling
damages files of other packages, though I'll have to look up in the
policy to find chapter and verse.

I think it is useful for the maintainer to include the list of shared
files in the bugreport (that is the reason why my script is constructing
the files with the lists of shared files).

Cheers -Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes