[Piuparts-devel] Filed Replaces without Breaks bugs

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Wed Feb 29 14:47:00 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-27 18:34, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Is there a list of usertags that you use for your bug reports?

For things found by piuparts.d.o (and the piuparts installation on my
machine which tests more, including contrib and non-free) we use:

User: debian-qa at lists.debian.org
Usertags: piuparts

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=piuparts;users=debian-qa@lists.debian.org

> Also, I was wondering how we should proceed in the future. In fact, the
> file overwrite checks that I do with my script are much simpler than what
> you can do with piuparts, for the reasons we discussed earlier. OTH, I
> can execute it quickly on my home machine whenever I want, which makes
> me sometimes find (or at least report) bugs quicker. For that reason it
> might be useful when I continue with my checks. What do you think?

Just go on with your tests. You may want to look into using piuparts for
this, I'll send you my script for inspiration (once I get back onto my
machine which has crashed and I'm currently on a trip ...)

Actually all you need would be
  test-for-file-overwrites distro pkg1 pkg2

> Maybe we should find a common usertag so that all file-overwrite bugs
> can be found under the same usertag?

Currently there are two groups of these bugs:
* missing-replaces: what you tested and reported so far
* replaces-without-breaks: the 'missing files after remove' I tested and
reported recently
I think they should have different usertags. So we could continue using
the current ones, no need to rename.
Some of these bugs will also need the piuparts usertag, but i'm not sure
whether to add this by default.