[Piuparts-devel] tagging piuparts-detected bugs that affect other packages

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Jan 13 10:03:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Freitag, 13. Januar 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> I just reported #655680 for

many thanks for this and all the other bug reports you and Dave and probably
other filed! I recently noticed this and was+am quite happy about this. Time
to close #584125?

> but I think this can't be tagged in the BTS in a way detected by
> piuparts-analyze.
>
> In general, is there a solution to tag a bug properly if the
> piuparts-failure is triggered by
>   failing-package 1.2.3-4
> but the problem is actually in
>   buggy-package 2.3.4-5
> (and needs to be fixed there) while buggy-package by itself passes the
> piuparts test?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean but I don't see the problem here.

haskell-edison-api/1.2.1-15 is buggy, end of story. It doesnt matter that
haskell-edison-api/1.2.1-15 installs fine in wheezy, this package just has a
bug which is triggered by other conditions (=upgrades from squeeze). Thats
just "bugginess as usual" :-)

> Some kind of "versioned affects" would be needed:

I dont see why.

If a package supporting mysql and postgresql has a bug using mysql it's
pointless to make that bug affecting mysql. Or am I totally wrong with this
comparision?