[Piuparts-devel] packages obsoleted by perl 5.14 but remaining is sid

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Thu Jan 19 17:13:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:25:26 +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> > Maybe.  These are modules that are in shipped both with the perl
> > interpreter and in their own package (when a newer version was needed).
> >  We have kept them in unstable in case there was a new release, but they
> > seem pretty stable.
> That's OK.
> I'll just file a wishlist bug against perl to remove them and

I don't think this is the way to go: The are released upstream in
perl-core, and that's why they are and shozld be in perl(-modules) in
Debian.

> tag/affects/found it in a way that piuparts recognizes and moves the
> failed logs for the individual packages into the "bugged" category.

If they really cause a problem for piuparts (besides showing up as
failed which shouldn't be a surprise to anybody :)), we can just as
well ask for removal (and -- as usual -- keep the git repos in case
we need them later).

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: Rolling Stones: Moon-is-up