[Piuparts-devel] piuparts server packaging

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Jun 17 18:05:55 UTC 2012

What belongs to which package?

Who puts something into /etc?

How does installation via update-piuparts-setup interfere with package
installation?

I'd like to ship scripts*/ together with piuparts as these scripts are
useful for standalone piuparts runs, too.

3c0649bb5:
this does not look correct:
  dh_installman --sourcedir=debian/piuparts

bc69493aa:
readme-server.txt references /usr/sbin/slave_* without piuparts_ prefix

postinst:
use homedirectory /var/lib/piuparts/$user
s/grep >/dev/null/grep -q/
don't use $user after the loop, just use $suser
chown <user><COLON_not_full_stop><group>
WTF: rm -rf /var/lib/piuparts/htdocs
  on every postinst configure?

postrm looks useless

there are changes to update-piuparts-setup that seem incorrect

wasn't there a reason to keep the python modules in the piuparts
package? especially if we decide to split out slave later ...

5cf23a1f2ea:
I don't agree to serving docs from piatti, the should come from the
local instance (but there could be a link to the latest version on piatti)

the doc_root needs cleanup and the parameter needs sanitized: a trailing
slash is required
and the $doc_root substitution should be replaced by ${doc_root} and
there should be no slash following the }
(just to have nice html without extra ////)