[Piuparts-devel] for 0.45: no /etc/piuparts/known_problems or enabled cronjobs!

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Tue Jun 19 09:08:35 UTC 2012

I think we should not ship /etc/piuparts/known_problems at the moment.
I really would like to get them a number prefix for automatic sorting so
we can have -report discover them without shipping a hardcoded list
We should also stop having _issue/_error in the name but instead two
flags to indicate whether to produce _issue.tpl (for pass/) or
_error.tpl (for the other dierectories.

shipping the files now will need conffile rename code later that could
be avoided by shipping them later
- it does not work out of the box in 0.45 anyway
- I don't think detect_well_known_errors will even try to look in /etc

in piuparts-master.install just comment this line:
  etc/piuparts/known_problems/

Do we plan to ship any cronjobs enabled in 0.45? Has this been tested?
better in Makefile

	sed -r '/^[^#]+/s/^/#/' $(etcdir)/cron.d/piuparts-*

Andreas

PS: please add to TODO: known_problems rework, test cronjobs -m/-s.deb