[Piuparts-devel] submitting logs after section has finished?

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:22:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what do you think about submitting the logs after a section has been
> finished before moving on to the next?

I'd consider a couple of steps further. Submitting completed work across
sections should be job #1, above processing sections. And it could be good
for slaves to submit logs in batches much smaller than max_slaves as they
process a given section (given that the process is cheap). (this would be
an alternative to master caching work available, which would drive
max_slaves itself down).

> This is only useful if there are multiple slaves.

Yes