[Piuparts-devel] for preview: preview/submit-after-processing

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Jun 22 15:49:44 UTC 2012

On 2012-06-21 13:39, Dave Steele wrote:
> Looks good. I think there is an opportunity to avoid some extra Package
> parses, though. (not sure about this)

That's something I have hacked around locally ... lets get the slave
strait and then I'll look at master again.

With the changes I have sitting in that preview branch, it should be
quite easy to insert extra flush calls while a section is processed.
These should be time based.

for name, ver in self._slave.get_reserved():
	test_package(name,ver)
	if time_since_last_flush > limit:
		if talk_to_master(flush=have_logs?):
			last_flush_time = now

We could also stop processing a section after a timeout and switch to
the next.

get n packages for a section
process them for timelimit + 1 package
if talk_to_master(flush=1, unreserve=1):
	return  # and process another section
else: # communication failed
	process one more package and retry