[Piuparts-devel] piuparts_0.45_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable
Debian FTP Masters
ftpmaster at ftp-master.debian.org
Sun Jun 24 07:32:08 UTC 2012
piuparts (0.45) unstable; urgency=low
[ Holger Levsen ]
* Merge piatti.git into piuparts.git, so that piatti.git has become obsolete
now. Update documentation accordingly.
* Further split packaging into piuparts-master, piuparts-slave and
piuparts-common binary packages (Closes: #585861) and cleanup
* Update piuparts.NEWS about master+slave packages.
* Switch to debhelper8 packaging.
* debian/copyright: use versioned URI of the machine-readable copyright file,
* Move /etc/sudoers.d/piuparts to piuparts-slave package.
* piuparts-master: depend on tango-icon-theme and drop sunny.png and
weather-severe-alert.png and use links instead.
* Reviewed and merged/cherry-picked all of the following changes.
[ David Steele ]
* Remove debian/postinst as it was only dealing with lenny time area
* Added server configuration files for apache, sudo, and cron.
* Use dh_install, in preparation for multiple package build.
* Added packaging to create the piuparts-server package out of the old
piatti directory tree (Closes: #652934).
- Create and configure piupartss and piupartsm users.
- Coordinate ssh keys between master and slave users.
- Create working directory tree for each under /var/lib/piuparts
- Calculate recursive reverse dependency count, and store in PackagesDB.
- Calculate the count of packages being blocked by a failed package.
- Release Section object when section processing is complete.
- Display reverse dependency counts and block counts to failure summaries.
- Sort the failed-testing and cannot-be-tested summaries by block count.
- Replace O(n^2) search in remove_old_logs() with a hash
piuparts-report run time improved 20% on mature environment.
- Another search fix in create_package_summaries (find_links_to_logs)
yielding a 10x speedup for piuparts-report runs.
- Cleanup/wrap some long source lines.
- Cleanup/wrap some long html lines.
- Allow the html root to be changed from /
(piuparts.conf: e.g. [global] doc-root = /piuparts/).
[ Andreas Beckmann ]
- Implement --install-remove-install option to test installation in
config-files-remaining state. (Closes: #359154)
- Report leftover symlinks with target.
- Report leftover directories with a trailing slash.
- Allow ignore entries to specifically match directories.
- Ignore patterns need to match the full filename, not a substring.
- Cleanup and regroup ignore lists.
+ Remove many obsolete entries not needed for squeeze or later.
+ Group ignore entries into piuparts state, system state, package
management, logfiles, home directories, application data, and HACKS.
- Add to ignored_files/ignored_patterns:
+ Default system logfiles as created by syslogd in /var/log/
+ Common empty directories in /etc not removed due to dpkg bug #316521
+ cdebconf status files
+ /var/lib/nagios/ (Closes: #668756)
+ /var/spool/powerdns/ (Closes: #531134, #531135)
- Implement a timeout for commands being run in the chroot.
- Set time limit to 30 minutes per command. (Closes: #654423)
- Terminate all processes running inside the chroot before removing the
chroot; also in case piuparts aborts due to an error.
- Continue killing running processes as long as new processes get spawned
in the chroot.
- Perform chroot cleanup after receiving Ctrl-C/SIGINT, too.
- Let Chroot register/de-register the cleanup panic handler.
- Remove temp_tgz on error exit.
- Remove metapackage build directory on error exit. (Closes: #663702)
- Don't remove eatmydata when minimizing a chroot. (Closes: #658962)
- Add support for version-qualified package arguments (--apt foo=1.2-3).
- Switch fallback mirror to http://cdn.debian.net/debian.
- Defaults for all [section] settings can be set in the [global] section.
- Change master-command to not include the section name so that it can be
set in the [global] section.
The section name will be given as an argument to this command.
- Make doc-root default to "/".
- New per section key: area (set to one of main, contrib, non-free).
- New defaults: mirror=http://cdn.debian.net/debian, area=main.
- Compute URLs from mirror, distro, area, arch.
- Removed deprecated keys: known_circular_depends, packages-url,
* master/db/report: Add a new category /affected/ for failed logs where the
bug is in a dependency, but only exposed by the package being tested.
- In the BTS these are reported as (Closes: #657740)
- Reschedule /affected/ logs like /fail/ logs.
- Add support for getting default values from a special section.
- Add methods to get mirror, distro, area, arch from config file or
- Add methods to compute URLs to Packages and Sources files.
- Do not consider a package as "untestable" if untestable/ contains a
logfile from an obsolete version of that package.
- Simplify handling of package and dependency states.
- Do not inherit 'dependency-does-not-exist' state (which may be fixed
in the package) but propagate it to 'dependency-cannot-be-tested'.
- Remove 'no-dependency-from-alternatives-exists' state and use
- Remove 'unknown-preferred-alternative' state as it interferes with
circular dependencies involving alternatives and virtual packages.
- Fix state resolution of package dependencies containing alternatives,
virtual packages and circular dependencies.
- Remove 'circular-dependency' state.
- Stop using static known_circular_depends.
- Compute dependency cycles and test packages on such cycles if all
non-circular dependencies are satisfied.
- Consider any combination of two error states for the blocking count.
- Always run create_subdirs() during initialization.
- Remove known_circular_depends handling.
- Reduce logfile verboseness: do not include received logs.
- Always chdir to master_directory, do not rely on being run from there.
- Record timestamps of submitted logs in submissions.txt.
- Randomize waiting time (between 60 and 180 seconds) if master is busy.
- Sleep until the next section can be tried, but at least 1 minute.
- Simplify and merge Section.setup() into Section.__init__().
- Generate master command: use global setting and append section.
- Test the 'dpkg' package for creating/updating a base_tgz.
- Don't update the tarball for disabled sections.
- Rewrite starting piuparts.
- Rewrite stopping piuparts for more reliable cleanup.
- Introduce Ctrl-C/SIGINT handling:
press Ctrl-C once to exit after the current piuparts test has finished,
press Ctrl-C again to cleanly terminate the currently running test,
press Ctrl-C again to abort any ongoing cleanup.
- Pass a version qualified package name (foo=1.2-3) to piuparts to ensure
the correct package version gets tested.
- Increase verboseness for untestable packages.
- Remove idle.stamp functionality.
- Remove known_circular_depends handling.
- Exclude obsolete states from generated report.
- Establish packagesdb working directory in Section.
- Handle logs in /affected/ directories.
- detect_well_known_errors: Add bug links if bugs are known.
- New known problem: "packages have been kept back".
- Report rdeps and blocking counts in all error state reports.
- Fix another race with logfiles disappearing while copying.
- Don't report further bugs/versions if we found a match.
- Classify logs with bugs filed into /bugged/ or /affected/.
- Write .bug files with links to the BTS.
* detect_archive_issues: Only consider logs older than one day for marking
as "untestable" to allow piuparts-analyze to handle the log first.
* Replace all references to lenny and squeeze with squeeze and wheezy.
* Add/update several bug reporting templates.
* Add custom scripts to aid debugging common problems in maintainer scripts.
* Add custom script for squeeze to ensure adduser, ucf, and install-info
are not purged.
* Add custom scripts to enable/perform additional cleanup procedures to
reduce the "FAIL: Package purging left files on system" errors if
--warn-on-leftovers-after-purge is not used.
* Ship custom scripts in the piuparts package.
* Comment sudoers and crontabs shipped in the master/slave packages,
requiring explicit editing after installation to activate them.
* Bump debhelper and dpkg dependencies for using dpkg-maintscript-helper.
* Remove obsolete /etc/piuparts/piuparts.conf from old piuparts package.
* Ship /etc/piuparts/piuparts.conf in the piuparts-slave package.
* Create missing home directories if the piupartsm/piupartss users remain
from a previously purged installation.
[ Leo Iannacone ]
* piuparts.py: add --existing-chroot option, specify a directory as source
for the chroot, instead of building a new one with debootstrap or
decompressing an archived one. (Closes: #658044)
[ Mika Pflüger ]
* piuparts.py: Remove obsolete functions shellquote, apt_get_knows, and
[ Mehdi Abaakouk ]
* piuparts.py: Add support for schroot. (Closes: #530733)
Override entries for your package:
piuparts-common_0.45_all.deb - extra devel
piuparts-master_0.45_all.deb - extra devel
piuparts-slave_0.45_all.deb - extra devel
piuparts_0.45.dsc - source devel
piuparts_0.45_all.deb - extra devel
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 359154 530733 531134 531135 585861 652934 654423 657740 658044 658962 663702 668752 668756 673919 674498 674672
Thank you for your contribution to Debian.
More information about the Piuparts-devel