[Piuparts-devel] piuparts.git simplify-package-states

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Thu Mar 22 08:10:08 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-22 00:40, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> On 2012-03-10 12:42, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>>> piuparts.git simplify-package-states
>>
>> Andreas Beckmann (18):
>>       prepare simplification of package and dependency states
>>       Package.all_dependencies(): add optional header_name argument
>>       replace depends_with_alts() with all_dependencies()
>>       remove redundant variable prefer_alt_idx
>>       propagate dep.-does-not-exist -> dep.-cannot-be-tested
>>       remove no-dependency-from-alternatives-exists state
>>       remove 'unknown-preferred-alternative' state
>>       always update preferred alternative
>>       defer propagation of failures while resolving alternatives
>>       cleanup computation of waiting-to-be-tested state
>>       drop circular-dependency state
>>       fix waiting-to-be-tested for known circular deps
>>       cache package.dependencies()
>>       propagate error and waiting states separately
>>       simplify deciding testability of circular deps
>>       add get_dependency_cycle method
>>       compute and automatically break dependency cycles
>>       remove known_circular_depends from piuparts.conf handling

+      exclude obsolete states from report

> ui, looks big :) so do this still have circ depends as a state?

no more circular-dependency :-)
known_circular_depends can be removed from the config

(the obsolete states are still in the list because removing them would
break the history of counts.txt, but they are not used for any package)

> (I will first tackle Daves branch with the master-slave-packaging, though I
> dont except to finish that before the weekend...)

That's a large piece of work, too.
If you merge my branch first, you can drop circular-depends-*.txt from
piatti.git and don't have to handle them for the master-slave case.