[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 22 11:08:06 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:00:20PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 2012-03-22 11:48, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> >> * apt does not find a solution for partial upgrades/downgrades even if
> >> dose-debcheck said this is possible, I'll have a look at aptitude
> >
> > this may happen, probably due to the build-in strategy of apt that tries
> > to upgrade packages to the latest version. Dose-debcheck does not use
> > such a strategy, and happily constructs solutions that involve old
> > versions of packages.
>
> dose-debcheck can output the list of packages to be installed ... if I
> can somehow get this in a pkg1=ver1 pkg2=ver2 ... form I should be able
> to give apt a valid solution ... *thinking* ...

if you wish I can add an option to the scripts to produce installation sets
in that form. Would that be useful?

> I haven't checked current git, but dose-debcheck is quite noisy about
> identical (package,version,arch) tuples in both wheezy and sid etc.

Yes. In principle the option --quiet of dose-debcheck should surpress these
warning, but currently it doesn't due to a bug. Should be fixed in future
versions.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes