[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Fri Mar 23 15:25:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 09:16:12PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 2012-03-22 19:36, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> >   * debianutils=3.4-0 which is incorrect and should be 3.4
>
> dose-debcheck reports invalid version numbers

[...]

> it turned '1' into '001' and '3.4' into '3.04'

Aih. That's a manifest bug. Andreas, can you please file a bug report
against dose-debcheck?

> BTW, can you add a --conflicts option so that I can run
> potential-cross-conflicts ... \
>   --conflicts="file-rc,foo (=1), bar (<< 1),foobar (>= 1)
> that adds corresponding Conflicts: lines to the test packages?
>
> An installationset that includes file-rc (or something else that wants
> to remove essential/required packages) is unrealistic :-)

No problem.

There probably is another bug in dose-debcheck: in principle, any
installationset should contain all essential packages, at least this is
what we wrote in the documentation. I will check that later when I have
access to a machine running sid.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes