[Piuparts-devel] wheezy statistics after allowing database servers to be started

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Mar 23 16:35:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

here are some statistics from the wheezy test on my instance:

35107 passed
26    failed (3 not bugged - deluser missing during purge)
19    dependency-failed-testing
6     dependency-does-not-exist (arch:all packages that depend on
            something that only exists on i386)

most of the failures on piatti can be fixed by allowing mysql/postgresql
in the chroot
This also needs a manually maintained list of packages that need but
don't depend on a database server (to allow remote db), so that a
pre_install script installs that service.

The biggest blocker is bind http://bugs.debian.org/661040
but Paul Wise already proposed a fix for this.

For upgrades its a bit more difficult, I've seen cases where apt-get
distupgrade chose to remove mysql-server instead of upgrading it ... and
in several cases the upgraded package using a db (but not depending on
it) is configured before the upgraded database (which is not yet running
at that very moment), letting the upgrade fail ...