[Piuparts-devel] test candidates for file conflicts between releases

Ralf Treinen ralf.treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Mar 26 14:30:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 04:25:11PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 09:16:12PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

> > An installationset that includes file-rc (or something else that wants
> > to remove essential/required packages) is unrealistic :-)
>
> No problem.
>
> There probably is another bug in dose-debcheck: in principle, any
> installationset should contain all essential packages, at least this is
> what we wrote in the documentation. I will check that later when I have
> access to a machine running sid.

Confirmed: this is a bug in dose-distcheck which will be fixed soon. More
specifically, a package will be considered installable only when it is
installable together with all essential packages. The output of the
installation set will be trimmed, that is it will not contain those
essential packages that are in no chain of relations with the package
to be installed.

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes