[Piuparts-devel] running piuparts master/slave from git

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon May 14 13:39:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> first of all I'd like to keep the possibility to have a piuparts
> instance running from git like it's done now with update-piuparts-setup,
> although this should probably be separated into smaller pieces to allow
> running slave and master separately from git.

You mean master from one branch and slave from another? I'm not sure this is
very useful, but wouldnt mind a patch implementing this.

> home/piupartss

I don think this is where these files really belong too. rather
/var/lib/piuparts or /usr/share/piuparts...

> [1] known-problems should get a number-prefix to do the ordering and be

right

> But that can be accomplished better once the two repositories are merged.

the merge is there+done (piatti.git is part of piuparts.git/piatti.git, just
the removal of piatti.git has not been done. and there is no code yet, to
deploy that on piatti.debian.org...

> [2] these are created by a make install call ... why does this have to
> be done as root?

to initially create the directory structure.

> The shared files are probably the most problematic ... who should own them?

master. (or root)