[Piuparts-devel] what's stuck in my local trees?

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sat May 26 19:55:54 UTC 2012

On 2012-05-26 19:15, Dave Steele wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Andreas Beckmann <debian at abeckmann.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is piuparts stuff I'm currently working on and have lots of dirty
>> commits in my local trees:
>>

> I tend to use github for backup - there is dirty laundry there:

my dirty laundry looks like this:
0.44-5174-g20294c6
you don't really want to look at this :-)

most of these 5000+ commits were fabricated by topgit :-)

Roughly, my setup is like this:
* piuparts.git/develop
* a dag of topgit branches originating from develop finally culminating
in a t/meta/all branch. This is where I build up my branches that I
upload to github for submission/merging. And thats really a dag with a
lot of cross dependencies (although I'm not actively working on most
these piuparts features at the moment).
* a "current" branch of currently 150 (after a lot of cleanup now that
simplify-package-states was merged) unsorted patches that is constantly
rebased on t/meta/all and runs my piuparts instance.
(and the same again for piatti.git which still needs to be merged ...)
On current i usually do

forever:
  FIXUP || HACK
  commit
  update-piuparts-setup
  TEST

and sometimes I reorder commits and merge the fixups into the fixed one
and then I start creating proper topgit branches to pick up the bits
that should form one commit (series) based on develop ...