[Piuparts-devel] missing breaks+replaces bugs filed

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Mon Nov 26 18:19:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

on the weekend I finally took the time to file most of the file
overwrite errors between distributions - the candidates can be
discovered with Ralf's potential-cross-conflicts.py script and then I
use piuparts to actually test the partial upgrades.
Filing such a bug takes quite some time - at least because I wan't to
understand why it's happening only between distributions, not within a
distribution - that means finding the package version that moved the
files around and suggesting the
  Breaks+Replaces: $PKG (<< $VER)
that should be added to fix this issue. Usually the B/R were missing, in
a few cases they were targeting a misspelled package or version.
Feedback rate is nice: more than 50% are already -done.