[Piuparts-devel] piuparts.conf changes for 0.48

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sat Sep 29 16:36:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I plan to reorganize some of the keys in piuparts.conf to reduce
redundancies:

current:

[section]
piuparts-cmd = a very long string

future:

[global]
piuparts-command = sudo piuparts --with-default-options
tmpdir = /path/to/tmp

[section]
piuparts-flags = --extraflags

the --tmpdir option would be generated from the [global]tmpdir setting,
which would also be available for other scripts

I'd also like to chnage the default for the master logfile from
None to $section/master.log (so if someone really does not want a
logfile, he needs to explicitly logfile = /dev/null ...
Hmm /dev/null wont work because $logfile.$$ is used by the slave, so we
don't support not having a master logfile any longer.
I primarily want to get rid of the redundant line in my config, thats
regularily causing problems if I copy a section and forget to adjust the
logfile ...