[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/script-substitutions

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Wed Feb 20 09:30:30 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-20 10:08, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I'm not sure I like this, why substituting the code at build time and not
> include or source it at runtime?

Well, *WHERE* should I source this from? How could the script figure
this out? Absolute paths don't work for running piuparts from git.

And if we find a solution, we can easily change the current substitution
to do that instead :-)

And I never really liked copying the get_config_value function into
every script when I introduced this some time ago ... I was afraid some
day I would need to change something in it ... that day has come :-)