[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/factor-out-get_config_value (was: Re: pull: feature/script-substitutions)

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Wed Feb 20 18:59:47 UTC 2013

[ resending to list ]

On 2013-02-20 10:42, Holger Levsen wrote:
>> Well, *WHERE* should I source this from?
>
> /usr/share/piuparts/foo
>
>> How could the script figure
>> this out? Absolute paths don't work for running piuparts from git.
>
> also if piuparts is installed from git, the path should be somehow
> determistic.
>
>> And if we find a solution, we can easily change the current substitution
>> to do that instead :-)
>
> the path (to the to be included file) could be substituted at build time...

OK, next variant coming:

Andreas Beckmann (7):
      Makefile: DESTDIR support for all install* targets
      set 'prefix' and 'DESTDIR' for build and install targets
      lib/read_config.sh: get_config_value() used by all master/slave
scripts
      Makefile: add support for placeholders in scripts
      master/slave-bin: rename * -> *.in to allow substitutions
      source read_config.sh instead of embedding a copy of
get_config_value()
      read_config.sh: support RFC822 wrapped+indented lines

First we need to fix up DESTDIR support and call the Makefile with
sensible 'prefix' and 'etcdir' settings ... so that we can actually use
$prefix (or better $sharedir) to set the path at build time.
And now we can source anything :-)