[Piuparts-devel] preview/python-support.pth

Dave Steele dsteele at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:43:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Andreas Beckmann <anbe at debian.org> wrote:
> On 2013-02-21 22:08, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Can we change the regex to
>>
>>   /usr/lib/python2../.*/python-support.pth
>
> Hmm, instead of using a regex, I'll just list the two files in sid:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/python-support.pth
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/python-support.pth

The version list comes from /usr/share/python/debian_defaults
"supported-versions", which is 2.6 and 2.7 in sid. In sid,
'old-versions' goes back to 2.3.

I doubt that python-support intends to support anything higher than
2.7x. There is a python3 debian_defaults file in the python3-minimal
package, but it is stored in a different location.

So, listing the two files should be fine for a piuparts that won't run
on anything older than testing. otherwise, it works better as a regex
that can handle 2.x and either 'dist-packages' or 'site-packages'.