[Piuparts-devel] pull: feature/factor-out-get_config_value (was: Re: pull: feature/script-substitutions)

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Fri Feb 22 21:25:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> OK, next variant coming:
>
> Andreas Beckmann (7):
>       Makefile: DESTDIR support for all install* targets
>       set 'prefix' and 'DESTDIR' for build and install targets
>       lib/read_config.sh: get_config_value() used by all master/slave
> scripts
>       Makefile: add support for placeholders in scripts
>       master/slave-bin: rename * -> *.in to allow substitutions
>       source read_config.sh instead of embedding a copy of
> get_config_value()
>       read_config.sh: support RFC822 wrapped+indented lines
>
> First we need to fix up DESTDIR support and call the Makefile with
> sensible 'prefix' and 'etcdir' settings ... so that we can actually use
> $prefix (or better $sharedir) to set the path at build time.
> And now we can source anything :-)

nice! looks good to me! I only wish some comments for the Makefile changes in
772953ec0885725af5b3bd96f96e9535cc2bf618 ie this install line I _now_
understand, but will have a hard time in 4 weeks:

+       install -m 0755 $(filter-out %.in,$(wildcard master-bin/*))
$(DESTDIR)$(sharedir)/piuparts/master/

If you could add some comments that would be most awesome! (I don't fully get
the "filter-out"...)

That said, merged + pushed... ;)