[Piuparts-devel] default tmpdir

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sat Feb 23 09:21:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

what should the hardcoded default tmpdir in the scripts?

* no default, i.e. piuparts.conf tmpdir setting is mandatory
* /tmp (bad because of possible nodev/nosuid)
* /var/tmp (that and /tmp work bad with detect_tmp_cruft due to
non-piuparts temporary stuff in there)
* /var/tmp/piuparts
* /var/lib/piuparts/tmp
* /var/cache/piuparts/tmp
* ...

While writing this, I think I would opt for "no default", which opens
the next question:

What should be the tmpdir setting in piuparts.conf.sample?

Options as above except for "no default".

Who should be the recommended owner of this directory?
piupartss or root? As only root creates stuff in there ...

I'm inclined to opt for /var/cache/piuparts/tmp root:root