[Piuparts-devel] RFC: preview/shuffle-slave-scripts

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Jan 20 13:32:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-20 14:06, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Andreas Beckmann (2):
>>       move detect_{slave_problems,stale_mounts,tmp_cruft} to slave-bin
>>       run detect_{slave_problems,stale_mounts,tmp_cruft} from slave crontab
>
> one question: why?

because the master has nothing to do with the slave, for (a) remote
slave(s) it does not even know where this/they reside(s) ...

> And I also like the multiple slave goal for 0.50! piatti will move to a

currently working on it ...

> virtual machine in future and then I would like to start running an i386 slave
> as well, to test i386 only packages.

So one master and two architectures, somehow "combined"? That will bring
a few interesting challenges ...
(trivial would be [sid-amd64] and [sid-i386] as independent full distro
tests)

BTW, there are some arch:all packages with dependency-does-not-exist
there the dependecy is arch:i386 only