[Piuparts-devel] running piuparts locally which were not modified by the user

Ivo De Decker ivo.dedecker at ugent.be
Sat Jan 26 20:25:30 UTC 2013

Andreas,

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 07:55:06PM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 2013-01-26 19:05, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> >> nut 2.6.4-2.3 passes the lenny->squeeze->wheezy distupgrade test. I
> >> probably have a few more exceptions and excludes active than are shipped
> >> in the last release (or even committed to the public git).
> >
> > Well, it would be nice to have some documentation to easily reproduce all the
> > tests you are running on the archive, even with packages that aren't uploaded
> > yet. This involves setting up a private repo and some wrapper scripts. I don't
> > know if such docs exist somewhere? I would be willing to help with that.
> >
> > Obviously, it would be a great help with that to have all your scripts, even
> > those that aren't in git (yet).
> >
> > Currently, it's quite hard for random developers to do the piuparts tests
> > themselves, especially before upload. If they would just have to run some
> > script on their binaries (and wait quite some time for all the tests), that
> > would be one less excuse for not being piuparts-clean :)
>
> I'd like to move this part of the discussion to the
> <piuparts-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org> list.
>
> Can you summarize what you did with piuparts to test whether you solved
> the nut-client bug? (and perhaps test other things.)
> And especially all the problems, missing documentation, ... you
> encountered! New-user feedback should help fixing "usability bugs".
> Please send this reply to the list and change the subject into something
> useful.

I added some info to https://wiki.debian.org/piuparts

Some of this is from memory, so I might have forgotten something.

As I noted in the wiki, it would be nice to have a single nice wrapper which
does most of this at once.

Could you give me some pointers to create an overview of exaclty which tests
are run on the archive, and with which scripts?

Cheers,

Ivo