[Piuparts-devel] reviewed some more of Dave's branches

Andreas Beckmann anbe at debian.org
Sun Mar 3 10:20:52 UTC 2013

eliminate-tango-symlinks

* the copied files will probably need to be cleaned up in postrm

require-tango-symlinks

* please leave the trailing comma after "r-recommended,"
  reduces this diff and the diff for future additions

these two should probably go into one branch with require-tango-symlinks
first and eliminate-tango-symlinks second

this should be scheduled for 0.50

-------------------------

qa-list

* patch #4 should be split+folded into #1 and #2
* I don't like the one-file-for-everything approach as it is hard to
extend, instead I'd create one file per distro and area
* this needs to be coordinated with the PTS maintainers

my suggested configuration:

[sid]
distro=sid
area=main
qa-list = unstable

[squeeze2wheezy]
distro=squeeze
upgrade-test-distros=squeeze wheezy
area=main
qa-list = stable2testing

if qa-list is not set: do not generate anything
if qa-list is set, generate qa-list_%(qa-list)s_%(area)s.txt in the doc-root

qa_list format should be
<sourcepackage> <status> <URL>

On the PTS side I'd like to see such reports:

* Piuparts found an (un)installation error in the $DISTRO version of
this package.
  (for serious issues)
* Piuparts found a cleanup error in the Sid version of this package
  (for important issues like broken-symlinks or leftover-files - should
be omitted if there is also a serious error for the same package)
* Piuparts found an error upgrading this package from $DISTRO1 to DISTRO2.

And sensible distributions for the PTS should be
stable, testing, unstable, experimental
stable2testing
(but the actual static names need to be defined by the PTS maintainers)

and for unstable I'd like to have two test sets: unstable-serious and
unstable-important, however these may be called

this is for post-0.50